On another note, I am looking for Recipe testers you all.
- No deadlines right now. The recipe testing will be in random bursts.
- you do not have to cook all the recipes.
- I do not have a publisher, but will choose to pursue either of sending proposals to publishers or self publish. In any case I need a good set of contents/recipes of the book already decided and tested.
- It is going to be a journey of a newbie in the next year or more, so hop on along. I have a couple of themes in mind so you can have a say in the kind of cookbook too. The first will most likely be Indian inspired. :)
- The food is going to be similar to whats on the blog. Indian, fusion, american and everything else and the recipes contain limited amounts of salt, sugar or oil. Take a looksy at the archives for an idea.
- you do not have to be vegan to test.
- please keep the recipes to yourself :). the recipe cannot be shared on personal or social media, but the pictures of the results can be shared.
- please email me at richahingle at gmail dot com with Your name, age, experience level(general cooking, baking or recipe testing), and your current dietary status.
***** We are done everyone. I just needed 10 testers. So many emails! I am humbled. I will get back to each one of you :)*****
Thank you in advance to everyone :). Please bear with me while I set up an email list and add you to a private blog where you will be able to see the recipes as they come.
Add daiya or home made mozzarella on top of the stuffed dip, then bread and bake.
This awesome cashew and bean based Jalapeno Popper dip
in these peppers!
More fun finger food for the playoff.. #gohawks!
Sweet Potatp Adzuki Bean Sliders with dill aioli
Roasted Butternut Squash Sliders with Sriracha Mayo and Balsamic Caramelized onions
Round falafels or falafel fingers GF
Kabocha Chickpea Fries GF
Tempeh Seekh Kebabs
Tempeh Fritters. GF
Ready to eat!
Baked Jalapeno Poppers
Allergen Information: Free of Dairy, egg, corn, soy, yeast. Can be made gluten-free
Ingredients: Makes 10-15
Jalapenos - slit and seeds and pith removed
My Jalapeno Havarti Popper dip or just the cream cheese Jalapeno dip or use other vegan cream cheese.
Breading Milk Mix:
1/2 cup almond milk or other non dairy milk
1 Tablespoon flaxmeal
2 Tablespoon flour (wheat, unbleached white or spelt or other gf flour)
1/8 tsp salt or to taste
1/4 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp nutritional yeast
2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
Bread Crumb mixture:
1/2 - 3/4 cup bread crumbs
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp salt
1-2 tsps extra virgin olive oil (optional)
Prep the Jalapenos. (Use gloves if you are not sure about the spicyness. The seeds and pith can sometimes give a really bad spice burn). Remove the pith and seeds as much as possible.
Fill the jalapenos up with chilled cream cheese popper dip. (the chilled dip is quite thick).
Set up the breading area. Mix the milk with the spices, flaxmeal and flour in a deep down and keep ready.
Mix up the bread crumbs with paprika and salt and optionally add a tsp of evoo and mix them up.
Dip Jalapenos with filled side up into the milk mixture(do not roll, just submerge them and lift out). Then immediately dip into the breadcrumb mixture. Use a spoon to pour some extra breadcrumbs on top and press. Place the pepper on parchment lined sheet. Bake in preheated 350 degrees F for 25 minutes or until golden to your preference.
Notes: If you would like crispier and more coated poppers then add the flour breading step as well. Dip in milk mixture, then dip in 2 Tbsp flour + 1/4 tsp paprika, 1/4 tsp garlic powder mixture, then into breadcrumbs and bake.
Use brown rice flour + cornmeal or gf breadcrumbs for a gluten-free version.
Add some daiya or home made home-made mozzarella coconut milk based or cashew mozza or cheddar on top of the stuffed peppers and then coat in breadcrumbs and bake for a melty popper.
These poppers are being shared at Allergy free Wednesdays. ricki's wellness weekend, Healthy vegan fridays