Potato Salads it seems like are a must for Summer BBQs and picnics. Instead of all the mayo that spoils up easily, here is a vegan sour cream version with tons of flavor. It also has cauliflower, chickpeas and zucchini and really can be the main if there is nothing else to eat :).
Another cauliflower recipe you say. Well you know roasted cauliflower is fabulous any time of the year. You can make this salad without the cauliflower too. Just Potatoes, chickpeas and zucchini in a creamy dressing. the bland summer potato salad, be gone! This Vegan potato salad has Roasted veggies and load of flavor! Potatoes and cauliflower are roasted to a crisp brown, the chickpeas and zucchini are roasted lightly to golden, tossed in dressing, topped with fresh herbs.
I had the Follow your heart Vegan Sour Cream sitting the fridge for days now for review. I hardly ever use packaged sour cream, cream cheese and other condiments. Sometimes, though they do come in handy for a quick fix. The Follow your heart sour cream is creamy and delicious. with a little help, the taste and texture shines through.
In this salad, use any of your favorite sour cream, store bought or home made, add more or less of the flavors to preference and serve up warm or cold!
Vegan Potato Salad with Cauliflower, Chickpeas, & Zucchini
- 3 cups (300 g) cauliflower florets
- 2 cups (420 g) small potatoes quartered or baking potato chopped to 3/4-1 inch cubes
- 15 oz (425.24 g) canned chickpeas rinsed and drained or 1.5 cups cooked
- 1 zucchini sliced
- salt pepper, oil as needed
For the Sour Cream and Onion Dressing:
- 1/2 cup (119 ml) vegan sour cream or use my homemade sour cream more if needed
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) dried dill
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) onion powder
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) onion flakes
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) maple syrup
- a generous dash of black pepper
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) salt or to taste
- fresh dill and chives for garnish.
- tortilla strips or potato chips for garnish optional
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F / 220ºc.
- In a bowl, combine cauliflower and potato with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Spread on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- In the same bowl, toss the chickpeas and zucchini with a little oil, salt, and pepper. Add to the baking sheet.
- Continue to bake the vegetables for another 15 minutes, or until potatoes and cauliflower are well roasted.
- Make the dressing: Mix everything under dressing. Taste and adjust salt, tang, and herbs.
- Transfer baked veggies to a serving bowl. Add the dressing and toss to coat. Garnish with fresh dill, chives, and potato chips.