White Bean Burgers with Carrots, Peanuts and thai flavors. Topped with sweet and sour Butternut squash. Asian Peanut Bean Burgers. Serve as Burgers or make a bowl with greens, and roasted butternut or sweet potato. Vegan Gluten free Option.
Are we all ready for Summer already? I am quite tired of the rain in PNW. Who am I kidding, Spring isnt going to be fun. Thankfully now I know I am not the only person who has a barometer in her sinuses.
Anywho, lets get to this easy and delicious Peanut and White Bean Burger topped with roasted squash or sweet potato that is tossed in sweet and sour sauce and sriracha. As with most veggie burgers, these can easily be made into wraps or served in a bowl with greens and more of the sweet sour sriracha dressing. These Asian flavored burger patties with Peanuts, carrots, celery are crunchy, peanutty and fun. Use other nuts or toasted sunflower seeds or pepitas to make nut-free. A dressing of sweet sour or a bbq sauce take these to another level.
Make these patties and let me know on Instagram or here how you served them!
More Burgers from the blog
- Lentil Quinoa “Meatloaf” Burger
- BBQ Veggie Burger with Mango Carrot Cabbage slaw
- Lentil Walnut Burgers.
- Red Lentil and Cauliflower Burger with Onion rings and Chipotle Habanero Mayo
- Grill-able Artichoke Cauliflower Spinach Bean Burger
- and a 35 Veggie burger collection round up!
Served over my 100% whole grain burger buns
- 1/4 cup unroasted unsalted peanuts
- 1/2 heaping cup carrots 1 inch pieces
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 15 oz can white beans 1.25 cups cooked
- 1 Tbsp finely minced ginger
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp rice vinegar
- 1.5 tsp soy sauce or liquid aminos tomake soy-free
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp agave or maple
- 1 tsp sriracha or to taste
- 1 Tbsp peanut butter or almond butter
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 Tbsp flaxmeal
- 2-4 Tbsp regular flour or Oat flour for glutenfree.
- Burger buns or wraps
- Crunchy veggies such as cabbage
- Roasted butternut squash or sweet potato
- Sauces for topping
- Pulse the peanuts until coarse meal(a few broken peanuts are fine, do not over process). Add carrots and celery and pulse until riced. Add the beans and pulse until half of the beans are mashed.
- Remove from the processor to a bowl. Add the ginger, garlic, vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, agave, sriracha, peanut butter, sesame seeds, flaxmeal. Mix until well combined. Taste and adjust spice, sweet ans salt. You might need salt if the beans were unsalted. Add 2 Tbsp flour and mix well. the dough should not be too sticky or too dry (slightly sticky, moist but not wet dough works best). Add more flour if needed.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F / 200ºc. Shape into patties using a cookie cutter. Press 1/3 cup of the mixture into a 3 inch cookie cutter. Press to pack well then push through onto parchment to make 3 inch by 3/4 inch patties. Brush oil on top and bake for 20 mins at 400 F/ 200ºc. Flip and bake for 5 more minutes if needed.
- For the picture I paired these with roasted butternut tossed in sweet and sour sauce + sriracha and crunchy cabbage. (Bring the sweet and sour ingredients with the cornstarch slurry to a boil, add sriracha to taste). Other combinations could be roasted butternut or sweet potato cubes tossed in bbq sauce, mango cubes tossed in sweet bbq sauce. both of these enhance the flavors of the patty. To tone down the flavors of the patties, pair them with cole slaw, sriracha mayo or ranch dressing. Make it into a bowl with smaller patties, roasted veggies, lettuce or other crunchy greens, and sauces from above.
Nutritional values based on one serving