Buffalo Cajun wraps! Cajun + Buffalo sauce is a must try with soycurls or other protein! Add to wraps or burrito or tacos, top with crunchy veggies and vegan ranch. 30 minute weeknight meal.
Table of Contents
Easy meal combinations come from days i fix meals in a hurry. These are super simple wraps made with four-ingredient buffalo cajun soy curls are super delicious. Cajun seasoning with Buffalo sauce is a match you have to try. Use your favorite Cajun blend or make cajun spice.
I use a store-bought vegan buffalo sauce, but you can also make your own.
This recipe is versatile! You can use other types of vegan protein, like seitan or shredded tofu or other vegan chicken substitutes, if you don’t want to use soy curls.
Why You’ll Love Buffalo Cajun Soy Curls
- 4-ingredients without sacrificing flavor
- ready in 30 minutes
- amazing combination of buffalo sauce and cajun spice!
- Naturally nut-free with soy-free and gluten-free options.
More Ways to Use Soy Curls
- Butter Chicken Bao
- Vegan Chicken Florentine
- Vegan Chicken Kondattam
- Vegan Coconut Curry Chicken
- Vegan Chilli Chicken
Buffalo Cajun Soy Curl Wraps
For the soy curls:
- 4 ounces (113.4 g) dry soy curls soaked in 2 cups of warm broth for 15 minutes
- 1/2 cup (80 g) thinly sliced onions, optional
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1/4 cup (59.15 ml) buffalo sauce , or use 3 tbsp hot sauce+1.5 tbsp vegan butter
- 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning, less or more to preference
- chopped celery as needed
- chopped red onion as needed
- finely chopped cabbage or lettuce as needed
- salt and pepper
- 3 Tablespoons or more vegan ranch as needed
- 3 warmed tortillas 6- to 7-inch tortillas work best
- Soak your soy curls in warm broth, if you haven’t already and let them sit for 10 to 15 minutes to rehydrate. Drain the soy curls and reserve the remaining broth. Heat a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the oil, drained soy curls, and sliced onions (if using). Cook until the soy curls are slightly golden on some edges. 5-7 mins. Then add the buffalo sauce, cajun seasoning, and 3 tablespoons of the reserved broth and toss well. Continue to cook for 2 to 4 minutes or until the sauce thickens a little bit then switch off the heat.
- Heat up the tortillas in the microwave or over the stove and top them with some lettuce or cabbage, and add the cooked soy curls and onion. Sprinkle some salt and black pepper and a good drizzle of the vegan ranch. You can also add some fresh herbs like, parsley or cilantro, and serve immediately.
Ingredients and Substitutions
- soy curls – Dry soy curls soaked in hot broth is the base for your wrap filling. You can use tofu, other vegan chicken substitutes, seitan, or chickpeas instead. None of these substitutions need to be soaked in broth before using.
- onions – Adds umami and texture. You can omit, if you want to make this recipe even simpler.
- oil – To sauté.
- buffalo sauce – Use bottled, vegan buffalo sauce or make your own with a mix of hot sauce and melted vegan butter
- cajun seasoning – This adds so much amazing flavor! Use store-bought or make my DIY cajun blend.
- toppings – Celery, red onion, and cabbage or lettuce bring lots of freshness and crunch to these buffalo cajun wraps! You also want vegan ranch dressing to drizzle on top to contrast the heat with a creamy element. Make sure that your ranch is nut-free, if needed.
- tortillas – For wrapping. Use gluten-free tortillas for a gluten-free version.
- Prep the toppings while the soy curls soak to save on total prep time.
- Don’t skip warming the tortillas. It makes these wraps so much more addictive!
How to Make Buffalo Cajun Wraps
Soak your soy curls in broth if you haven’t already and let them sit for 10 to 15 minutes to rehydrate. Drain the soy curls and reserve the remaining broth. Heat a skillet over medium-high heat.
Add the oil, drained soy curls, and sliced onions (if using). Cook until the soy curls are slightly golden on some edges.
Then add the buffalo sauce, cajun seasoning, and 1/4 cup of the reserved broth and toss well. Continue to cook for two to three minutes until the sauce thickens a little bit then switch off the heat.
Heat up the tortillas in the microwave or over the stove. Top them with some lettuce or cabbage, and add the cooked soy curls and onion.
Sprinkle some salt and black pepper and a good drizzle of the vegan ranch. You can also add some fresh herbs, like parsley or cilantro, and serve immediately.
Frequently Asked Questions
These are nut-free, as long as you choose a nut-free vegan ranch.
You can make these soy-free by using seitan, soy-free vegan chicken, or cooked chickpeas. No need to soak any of these proteins.
To make these gluten-free, just use gluten-free tortillas.
Try this recipe for homemade buffalo sauce!
Soy curls are made from pressed and dehydrated whole soybeans, which gives them a chicken-like texture. They only have one ingredient: soybeans!