This Chili Lime Roasted Veggie & Jackfruit Bowl with Jalapeno Cream Sauce has so much flavor! The veggies and jackfruit are roasted in 1 sheet pan and dressed with creamy jalapeno sauce. Add the veggies & Chili Lime Jackfruit to tacos or burritos! Vegan Gluten-free Soyfree Recipe. Nutfree option. Jump to Recipe
Its Bowl Season! Today’s bowl is a mix of textures and flavors and is hearty, spicy and delicious! Veggies are tossed in homemade taco seasoning and lime zest. Jackfruit is coated tomato paste and taco spice. Peppers and are seasoned with lime, salt and pepper and everything is spread in one pan to roast. The veggies and jackfruit are super flavorful and can be served as a bowl, over salad, or in tacos and wraps. Wait there’s more. The easy creamy tangy jalapeno cream sauce! Dress these Taco seasoned veggies in my from scratch jalapeno cream sauce, to take them to the next level.
Don’t be discouraged by the list of ingredients. Many are repeated spices, taco spice, salt and lime. 🙂 The cream sauce can be made ahead. Once all the veggies are prepped, just mix them with the spices, spread and bake. Jackfruit with the crispy edges, Cauliflower which we all already know works so well with taco spice, peppers add fajita flavor. Lets get to it!
Ingredients for Chili Lime Roasted Veggies & Jackfruit with Jalapeno Cream Sauce
- Jackfruit and onion and mixed with homemade taco spice, tomato paste and lime juice and baked. You can use shredded soycurls, seitan, or hearts of palm as a substitute.
- Cauliflower is tossed with taco seasoning, garlic, and lime zest and baked. Use other seasonal veggies to preference.
- Peppers and other veggies(such as zucchini, root veggies, seasonal veggies) are spiced with salt and pepper and baked.
- Jalapeno Cream Sauce is a blend of pickled jalapenos, brine from the jalapenos, cashews, garlic, salt and optional nutritional yeast for cheesyness. This creamy sauce balances out the smoky spicy flavors of the taco seasoned bowl. You can also use thinned out vegan sour cream as the dressing.
- The veggies can be served in a bowl over crunchy greens, or in burritos or tacos.
- Nut-free: To make the jalapeno cream sauce without cashews, use alternate nuts such as macadamia or use hemp seeds. You can also use flour based sauce and mix in the jalapeno, garlic and brine like my nut-free nacho cheese sauce.
How to make Chili Lime Roasted Veggies & Jackfruit with Jalapeno Cream Sauce and Step Pictures
1. Assemble the sauce ingredients. Soak the cashews in hot water for 15 mins. Drain and add to a blender. Add the rest of the ingredients Then blend with some water until smooth. Taste and adjust. Preheat the oven to 400 deg F (205 C)
2. Prep your veggies and ingredients. Drain the jackfruit and wash. Then add to a clean kitchen towel and squeeze and wring to remove most of the brine. Shred using hands, knife or a processor. Grease a large baking dish or shallow sheet pan or line with parchment. Add jackfruit and onion to one side.
3. Sprinkle taco spice, salt and 1 tsp oil and mix well. Mix water with tomato paste and add to jackfruit mixture. (optional: You can also add some lime zest). Mix well then spread it out in an even layer.
4. Add cauliflower to the other end of the baking dish. Add a tsp of oil or spray oil and mix. Sprinkle taco spice garlic, salt and lime zest and mix well. Spread in an even single layer and sprinkle some more taco spice
5. Add bell pepper and other veggies if using in the remaining area. Sprinkle salt and pepper and mix and spread. Drizzle lime juice all over the pan the put it in the oven to bake.
6. Move the veggies a bit if starting to scorch at 25 mins. Then continue to bake for another 5-10 mins. Cover the pan with parchment paper to reduce further scorching.
7. Transfer the baked veggies and jackfruit to a bowl or add to tacos or wraps. Add other sides such as pico de gallo and crisp greens or lettuce. Drizzle the jalapeno cream sauce liberally and serve.
- Use 2 pans if the veggies dont fit.
- You can make larger amounts of the roasted taco spiced jackfruit and the roasted cauliflower and store and use alone or in comgination for filling tacos, wraps and bowls.
- The jalapeno cream sauce can be used with other tacos with spiced beans or veggies as well.
More Mexican Inspired Meals
- Mushroom Carnitas – 1 Pan. GF SF
- Chipotle Garlic Jackfruit Tacos GF
- Cauliflower Walnut Taco “meat” in Tacos. GF SF , Just process and bake, So Easy!
- Sheet Pan Fajitas – GF SF
- Pinto Bean Fajita Veggie Tacos GF, this chili lime marinade is addicting.
- Taco Spice Bean Quesadillas GF option
- Butternut Chipotle Sauce TacosGF
Chili Lime Roasted Veggies & Jackfruit Bowl with Jalapeno Cream Sauce
- 20 oz can young green Jackfruit in brine or water , or use shredded seitan or soycurls(rehydrate and shred)
- 1/2 small red onion sliced
- 2 tsp taco seasoning
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp water
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 head of cauliglower , chopped into florets
- 1.5 tsp taco seasoning
- 1/2 tsp garlic
- 1 tsp lime zest
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 red bell pepper sliced
- 1/2 green bell pepper sliced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 to 3 tsp oil
- 2 tsp lime juice
- Pico de gallo
- Lime rice or lettuce or wraps to serve
Jalapeno cheese dressing
- 1/2 cup (64.5 g) cashews
- 2 tbsp pickled jalapenos
- 2 tsp brine
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp flour
- 2-4 tbsp water until smooth
- Grease a large baking dish or line with parchment. Preheat the oven to 400 deg F(205 C). Soak the cashews for the jalapeno cream sauce in hot water.
- Prep the veggies. Drain the jackfruit and wash. Then add to a clean kitchen towel and squeeze and wring to remove most of the brine. Shred using hands, knife or a processor.
- Add shredded jackfruit and sliced onion to one side of the baking dish. Sprinkle taco spice, salt and 1 tsp oil and mix well. Mix water with tomato paste and add to jackfruit mixture. Mix well then spread it out in one layer.
- Add cauliflower to the other end of the baking dish. Add a tsp of oil or spray oil and mix. Sprinkle taco spice garlic, salt and lime zest and mix well. Spread in an even single layer and sprinkle some more taco spice
- Add bell pepper and other veggies if using in the remaining area. Sprinkle salt and pepper and mix and spread. Use multiple pans if everything doesnt fit.
- Drizzle lime juice all over the pan. Bake for 25-30 min and Mix the veggies a bit if scorching on the edges, then cover the pan with parchment for 5 mins or longer until the cauliflower is cooked.
- Jalapeno Cream Sauce: Drain the cashews and add to the blender. Add therest ofthe ingredients and blend until smooth. Adjust water for consistency.
- Serve the baked veggies in a bowl with pico de gallo or salsa, some lime rice or crunchy lettuce. Dress generously with the jalapeno cream sauce. You can also use the veggies to make tacos or a burrito!To Store: Refrigerate the roasted veggies and the sauce separately for upto 3 days
Let’s just say–until making this, it’s been a very long time since I’ve kept eating something after I was no longer hungry. Just delicious!
Vegan Richa Support
Haha that is quite the compliment, EJ. 🙂 Glad you enjoy!
I made this last night. It is SO tasty. Highly recommend. We made it with Lime Rice.
Vegan Richa Support
Made this tonight and it was amazing! Thanks so much for this.
Vegan Richa Support
amazing that you liked it – thanks for popping in ♡
I’m giving a high rating because I’m in the middle of cooking this and everything looks and smells wonderful. However, I’m wondering if the brine that is added that is added comes from the can of jackfruit or the jalapeños? I’m assuming from the jackfruit. Thank you for this recipe and all of the others. I make a lot of them and they have all been so delicious.
Vegan Richa Support
thank you – jackfruit should be drained, discard the brine if any. not sure where you saw that
I just made this recipe last night and I am so so happy with it! This is my first time cooking with jackfruit and I liked it in this recipe so much more than any dish I’ve had from a restaurant. I added some slice portobello mushrooms with the jackfruit for an even “meatier” experience and it turned out so good! Served it with the roasted cauliflower and added bell pepper and red onions to the pan, as well as rice and a quick cabbage slaw. So so tasty! Thank you!
This recipe is amazing. I make this once a week and we LOVE it. I serve it with cilantro lime rice and it is fantastic. I would not change a thing about this one! Keep up the awesome work Richa!
Vegan Richa Support
Thank you so much for your review! Thanks for stopping by!
was just yumm…thank you!
Made this last night, omitting the oil, and it was delicious! The flavors were great and hubby and I loved the jalapeño sauce. (It was too spicy for my 6 year old😁) I also served with some ceviche beans as a side dish (beans, avocado, cilantro, lime and tomatoes diced and mixed) with baked tortilla chips.
Thank you, Richa! Every time I need a dinner idea, you come through with something easy and delicious!!
Danielle L Barber
Spicy and delicious! Everybody is loving your recipes Richa. I love that the recipes are easy but so flavorful. So glad I found you! Thank you…
Do you think I could use a plant-based yogurt (such as Whole Foods Almond Yogurt) and just add the flavorings for the Jalapeno Cream sauce instead of starting with cashews?
yes that should work fine. use unsweetened
Delicious recipe. I used seitan since not much protein in the dish otherwise. Loved the seasoning and can’t wait to make again.
Just made this and I have to say, I’m so impressed. I used the DIY taco seasoning you linked to, and the flavours really complemented each other. I loved the jackfruit, and the sauce is incredible. I roasted some broccoli in with the cauliflower just to up the veg further, and baked some chickpeas until crispy and used your seasoning on that, too. It added a nice bit of protein-filled crunch to the dish! I also served with the lime and coriander rice you referenced. I am SO happy I get to have more of this tomorrow! Thank you!
This sauce is SO tasty!
I had to use a better blender to get it really smooth,
The texture made the flavor much easier to appreciate!
Can this be made with fresh jackfruit?
yes, you would need young jackfruit and not ripe as that would be very sweet. Discard the thick peel and thick inside stem anduse.
The jalapeno dressing is a great idea! I’m excited to give this recipe a try now, thank you!
i would like yo use frozen cauiflower how do i adjust the cooking time an temperature and do i add oil and spice to frozen veggies ?
no adjustment in times. The frozen cauliflower just needs to be spread a bit more so that the extra moisture can evaporate