Easy Vegan Mashed Potatoes. Serve with gravy as a side. Fluffy Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes. Saucepan option Vegan Gluten-free Soy-free Nut-free Recipe. Can be oil-free.
Mashed Potatoes don’t need an introduction. They are used is many cuisines in many different ways. These are basic mashed potatoes that you can amp up to preference. Potatoes are cooked in an Instant Pot or Saucepan along with raw garlic, drained and mixed with coconut milk to add the creaminess, some herbs and spices and whipped up. These Garlic Mashed potatoes are simple, quick and amazing!
Serve these as you wish with a simple mushroom free gravy or a mushroom gravy. What are your favorite additions to mashed potatoes. Got leftovers? Add cooked quinoa and make potato quinoa breakfast patties. So good!
More Holiday Sides
- Crispy Breaded Tofu Strips with Butternut Squash Pilaf
- Masala Mac and Cheese, SF can be GF
- Pumpkin Sage Pasta with Pumpkin Cream Sauce and crispy Sage. SF, easily GF
- Over-Stuffed Mushrooms with herbed Chickpeas, veggies, cashews. Pictured above. SF Easily GF.
- Chickpea Stuffed Poblano Peppers with roasted red pepper sauce. GF SF
- Lentil Stuffed Sweet Potatoes. GF SF
- Black pepper Mac and Cheese Nut-free, SF, can be GF
- Potato Quinoa Patties (GF SF)
Add some of the coconut milk and mix in. Let the mixture sit for a few minutes so the milk can incorporate, check texture and add more if needed.
Easy Vegan Mashed Potatoes. Serve with gravy as a side. Fluffy Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes Saucepan option. Vegan Gluten-free Soy-free Nut-free Pressure cocker Recipe. Can be oil-free.
- 5 to 6 potatoes cubed into large pieces yukon gold or baking potatoes, peeled if desrired
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil or vegan butter
- a good dash of black pepper
- dash of parlsey or thyme
- pinch of nutmeg
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk
- fresh chives for garnish
Pressure cook the cubed potatoes, garlic cloves, 1/4 tsp salt with 1.5 cups water at high pressure for 4 minutes in Instant pot (manual 4 mins) or 2 minutes in stove top pressure cooker. Release the pressure after 5 minutes. (You can also boil them in a saucepan. Put the potatoes into a large pot, adding enough water to cover them. Bring to a boil and simmer for 10-15 mins, until they’re fork-tender. Transfer to a colander to drain. )
Drain really well. Transfer to a bowl, let sit for a few minutes to dry out. Mash lightly and let sit for a minute for the steam to escape.
Make sure to mash the cooked garlic. Mix in salt, the rest of the ingredients and half cup coconut milk. Mix and whip lightly, just enough to add air and still have some texture. Let sit for a minute for the milks to incorporate and absorb.
For variation: use 10 cloves of roasted garlic in the mashed potatoes.
To sub coconut milk: cashew cream, soy milk, a bit of vegan cream cheese will work
For even fluffier, add the drained potatoes to a skillet and cook over low heat for a few minutes to dry out, then mash.
Nutrition is 1 of 6 serves