Cauliflower Taco Meat. Easy 1 Pan Cauliflower Walnut Crumble. No Skillet needed .Use in tacos, wraps, burrito, nachos, salads! Vegan Glutenfree Soyfree Recipe. Can be nut-free. Jump to Recipe
Tacos need a filling that is flavorful, has texture, is easy and versatile. This Cauliflower Walnut filling fits perfectly! All the flavor, all the texture! Change up the spices and herbs for variation in flavor.
Pulse the walnuts and onion in a food processor, then pulse cauliflower, spices. Then spread the mixture and bake until preferred consistency. No stove top cooking needed. 1 Processor to 1 baking dish.
Change up the flavors to preference. I use my own chili powder blend. Change that up with different Mexican chilies for flavor variation. Add some bbq sauce for bbq crumble and clumpier. Use Cajun blend or Jamaican jerk blend. This taco “meat” is bean and lentil free. Add some spiced beans or refried beans to the tacos if you like.
Cauliflower Taco Meat - Cauliflower Walnut Taco Filling
Cauliflower Walnut "Taco" Meat:
- 1/2 cup (58.5 g) raw walnuts
- 1/2 (0.5 ) small onion chopped
- 1/2 (0.5 ) jalapeno optional
- 1 small head of cauliflower chopped into florets
- 1/2 (NaN ) medium tomato , or 2 tbsp salsa, or oil packed sundried tomato
- 2 tbsp or more chili powder blend (recipe that I use below)
- zest of a lime
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) salt
Cilantro Avocado Cream:
- 1 avocado
- (NaN ) juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) or more salt
- 1/4 cup (4 g) cilantro
- a dash of black pepper and cayenne
- 1.5 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- 2 tsp paprika (1 tsp sweet and 1 tsp smoked or 1.5 sweet and 1/2 tsp smoked for less heat)
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) each of garlic powder onion powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) ancho chili powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp (tsp) chipotle chili powder or flakes
- a good dash of ground cinnamon , all spice/clove, black pepper, cayenne
- Line a large baking dish with parchment. Preheat the oven to 375 deg F (190 C ).
- Process the walnuts, onion and jalapeno until coarse mixture in a food processor.
- Add cauliflower florets and tomato and pulse a few times to break some of the large cauliflower pieces.
- Add the spices, salt, zest, 1 tsp oil and process until the cauliflower is evenly shredded. If using store bought chili blend, add 1/4 tsp or more chipotle chili flakes/powder and dashes of ground cinnamon, clove and black pepper for additional flavor.
- Transfer the cauliflower walnut mixture to the parchment lined baking dish. Spread evenly.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 35 to 45 minutes. Move the mixture around twice in between. The onion should start caramelizing and the mixture should be crumbly but not overly dry. (taste the mixture carefully when moving it around the second time and add salt, spices if needed **). Bake until desired consistency.
- Cilantro Avocado Cream: Blend all the ingredients with 1/3 cup or more water until smooth. Add more lime juice or salt to taste.
- Assemble the tacos in warm tortillas with warm taco meat, salsa, avocado dressing, cilantro, jalapeno/pickled jalapeno and serve. Or add the taco meat to burritos, Nachos, Enchiladas, Salads.