Creamy Warming Vegan Gingerbread Latte. 5 Ingredients! This vegan version of the Starbucks gingerbread latte has fresh ginger, homemade gingerbread spice and amazing flavor. Can be made caffeine-free. Vegan Glutenfree Recipe Jump to Recipe
These cold months, all those cheery songs, a fireplace, and all it needs is a big mug of gingerbread latte!
This latte is super quick to put together and needs just 5 Ingredients! Simmer some coffee with fresh ginger, dark brown sugar or molasses + sweetener of choice, gingerbread spice (that I make from scratch). Once the flavors have melded, add frothed nondairy milk and heat up. Strain and done!
Omit the coffee for a caffeine free latte. Just some warming fresh ginger, gingerbread spice, and molasses!
More festive drinks
- Golden Milk Latte with Pumpkin Pie spice
- Ginger root and Turmeric Root Tea
- Turmeric Iced Masala Tea
- Hazelnut macchiato
- Pumpkin spice Caramel Latte
- Pumpkin spice Frappuccino
As with all spiced drinks, the spices can sometimes settle and the bottom or feel gritty in a drink. This happens because the spices are not ground finely enough by most ground spice brands, especially spices like cinnamon. Strain to remove the larger spice granule grittyness.
Vegan Gingerbread Latte
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup (79 ml) espresso coffee or prepared coffee or use 1/3 cup water/decaf for caffeine free
- 1/2 tsp (1 tsp) minced ginger
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) gingerbread spice less or more to preference, or use 1/4 tsp ground ginger, 1/4 tsp cinnamon and pinches of nutmeg and clove/allspice
- 1 tbsp dark brown sugar, or use plain sugar/maple syrup and 2 tsp molasses
- 1.5 cups (354.88 ml) non dairy milk , I like almond, soy or coconut milk
- Add the first 4 ingredients to a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, and simmer for 2 mins. (This is the simple ginger syrup. Strain and refrigerate to use later)
- Add blended or frothed non dairy milk to the saucepan and mix in. (Blend the milk in a blender for a minute to froth). Bring to just about a boil. Taste and adjust flavor(add more spice or sugar if needed)
- Pour into cups (strain if you havent at step 1). Add whipped coconut cream if desired and a sprinkle of gingerbread spice.