More Breakfast ideas…
these Cinnamon Rolls with maple coffee icing. yum!
Samoa French Toasts and Molten Chocolate French Toasts
Tiramisu French toasts
Coconut Crusted Baked French Toasts
This tofu-free Frittata with mushrooms and Almond Feta
and lots more sweet and savory breakfast options here
Date Caramel adapted from Fork and Beans Caramel
- 1 cup my multi-grain Pancake Mix use my gluten-free pancake mix to make gf.
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/3 cup + water
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons oil optional
- a generous dash of cinnamon and vanilla extract
- 7-8 Medjool Dates pits removed
- 1 Tablespoon Maple syrup
- water as needed
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- a generous pinch of fine sea salt
- 1/4 cup shredded dried coconut
- Melted Chocolate
- Maple syrup if needed
- Add the lemon juice to 1/3 cup water. Add the almond milk, water, oil, cinnamon, vanilla to the dry pancake mix. Mix until just combined and let sit for 2 minutes. If the mixture feels too thick (it is thicker than plain flour pancake mix), then add a tablespoon more water.
- Heat the pan on medium heat. Grease with a little oil. Once the pan is hot, pour ladle full (1/4 cup) of the pancake batter for each pancake. Spread the batter a bit with the ladle if needed. Cover the pan for 2 minutes. Remove cover and continue for another 2 or so minutes until the top is bubbly. Flip and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Reduce head a bit to low-medium while cooking if the pan gets too hot. Or use your favorite pancake mix recipe, and adjust liquid accordingly.
- Dry roast the coconut shreds in a pan on medium heat for a few minutes until golden.
- Soak the dates for 15 minutes in hot water. Drain then blend with all the ingredients into a smooth paste. Use 2-3 Tablespoons of water or as needed for desired consistency. Omit salt for plain caramel. You can make the caramel before hand and refrigerate for upto 3 days.
- Melt 1/4 cup chocolate chips on double boiler with a Tablespoon almond/coconut milk. Add more milk if you like a more thinner chocolate drizzle.
- Or mix equal amount of cocoa powder, maple syrup into a smooth mixture and use.
- Prep the toppings before making pancakes. Top each warm pancake, or just the top pancake with a generous amount of the date caramel, then sprinkle with toasted coconut and drizzle melted chocolate. Use maple syrup if needed and serve.
Nutritional values based on one serving