Easy Instant Pot Apple Cider Recipe. 7 Ingredients. Serve this spiced apple cider warm or cold. Stove-top option. Vegan Gluten-free Soy-free pressure cooker Homemade Mulled Apple Cider drink. Jump to Recipe
Spiced Drinks are what I crave in the cooler fall and winter months. This Apple Cider fits right in. Just 7 Ingredients!Put everything in an Instant Pot pressure cooker, pressure cook, strain and done! I love the cider warm, but it is also amazing served chilled with ice.
This homemade apple cider also stores well. Refrigerate for upto 5 days or freeze. Lets whip up a batch of this cider! Make it spiked with some rum, whiskey, wine or tequila. Change up the fruits with seasonal fruits for variation.
Ingredients for Instant Pot Apple Cider
- Apples and oranges make up the bulk of the cider.
- Cinnamon Sticks, cloves, black pepper and ginger add flavor.Add other spices for variation
- Dates add some sweet. Use other sugar or sweetener if needed
How to make Apple Cider in an Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
Slice the apples and oranges. Add all in the ingredients to the pot.
Add water and mix in. Close the lid and pressure cook.
Let the pressure release naturally. Transfer in batches to a strainer and press and mash and press.
Serve hot or cold. Refrigerate for upto 5 days or freeze for upto 2 months
Looking for More Drinks! Try these
- Golden Chai Latte Mix
- Vegan Eggnog
- Hazelnut Machiato
- Shikanji – spiced India Lemonade/Limeade!
- Turmeric Iced Spiced Tea,
- Gingerbread Latte
- Mango Lassi
- Cookie Dough Blizzard
- More drinks
Instant Pot Apple Cider Recipe
- 4 apples , cored and sliced into cubes(gala, fuji and other red sweet apples)
- 1 orange , sliced and seeds removed
- 2 cinnamon sticks or 1 tsp cinnamon
- 5 to 6 cloves
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 inch fresh ginger , optional
- Optional flavor add ins: 1/4 tsp nutmeg or all spice
- 5 to 6 dates or 1 - 2 tbsp sugar or other sweetener, optional
- 4.5 cups (1064.65 ml) water
- Add all in the ingredients to the pot. Mix with a spatula. Close the lid and pressure cook for 11 mins at high pressure,
- Let the pressure release naturally once the cooking cycle is complete. Open the lid and let it cool for a few minutes.
- Transfer the mixture to a strainer in batches, and press and mash and press. Remove as much liquid as possible from the mix along with some smooth pulp.
- Serve the cider hot or cold. Store: Refrigerate in a closed container for upto 5 days or freeze for upto 2 months.
- Saucepan(stovetop): Add all the ingredients to a saucepan. Cook for 2 hours, partially covered over medium low heat. Transfer the mixture to a strainer and press and mash to strain the cider.
Easy and delicious! Thanks!!
Great cider recipe!
5-6 cloves of what???
clove is a spice, use whole cloves
Thanks for the share. This is much needed recipe. If we are using Indian Pressure cooker, do we have any count of whistles to cook? Or Just follow 11 minutes in high flame?
start counting the 11 mins when the first whistle is just about to start. Cook at medium flame
I tried and it turned out well , except mine was much darker in colour , any way a great drink
the type of apples can add or reduce color. Some red apples have a thicker red skin and more pigment, some brown faster, which would also add the caramel color and so on. Also the pictures are shot in bright light which ligthens the colors a bit.
Don’t have an instant pot, cooked on stove top. I added some to sparkling water… This is SO good!!!
Wow! A new use for the instant pot! I’m really excited to try this. Will leave a review after. Thanks!
This drink is my all time favourite from now. Thanks for sharing this delicious recipe.
Can I make in a slow cooker?
It probably can. I dont use slow cooker so I dont know the times and such