Samosa Wraps – Spiced Potatoes, Chickpeas, Chutney Burrito. Easy Spiced Potato Chickpea Burrito for lunch, picnic or carry out. Vegan Nutfree Soyfree Recipe Easily Glutenfree Jump to Recipe
When you want Samosa for lunch, this Samosa Wrap works out amazingly! Make the Samosa Potato mixture. Add some mint chutney or chopped up mint into it. Spice up the cooked chickpeas in a skillet. Layer with chopped tomato, onion, chutney and lettuce or greens, fold and done. No pastry making, no frying!
You can pair the wrap with chutneys such as tamarind chutney, mint cilantro or mango chutney. Layer with spiced beans or chickpeas. All amazing flavors that work so well together. These wraps can be made ahead and store well in the refrigerator.
More Wraps from the blog
- Jamaican Jerk Jackfruit, Caribbean Black Bean Wraps
- Spanish Rice, Buffalo Tempeh Wraps
- Cauliflower Sweet Potato Chickpea Wraps with Coconut chutney
- Cauliflower Shawarma Wraps
Tips to make amazing Samosa potato wraps
- These samosa potatoes are based on my favorite samosa from my hometown. Samosa potato recipes vary a lot. I use many spices to get the deeper flavor (that develops even more with time).Use whichever spices you have. There is tons of flavor, so a few missing spices will work.
- Add a good amount of filling to the wrap. Too little will make flat and squishy wraps and a lot will make it harder to fold the wrap.
- Wrap the burrito tightly so that the ingredients dont fall out easily when eating.
- The filling can be made ahead and then served as however you wish fresh.
Samosa Wraps - Spiced Potatoes, Chickpeas, Chutney Burrito. Easy Spiced Potato Chickpea Burrito for lunch, picnic or carry out. Vegan Nutfree Soyfree Recipe Easily Glutenfree
- 1 tsp oil
- 1/4 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp coriander seeds
- 1/2 serrano pepper, chopped or other hot or mild green chili pepper (optional)
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 to 1 tsp ground cumin , preferably roasted
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/3 tsp cayenne
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 to 3/4 tsp salt
- 3 medium potatoes ,boiled and mashed coarsely
- 1/4 cup peas
- 2 tsp minced ginger
- 1/2 tsp chaat masala or 1/2 tsp amchur ( dry mango powder)
- 2 tbsp cilantro mint chutney (or chop a handful of cilantro and mint finely and mix in)
- 1/2 tsp or more lemon juice
- 1 tsp oil
- 15 oz chickpeas ,drained or 1.5 cups cooked
- 1/2 tsp each of ground cumin , coriander, garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon , cayenne, ginger powder
- 1/3 tsp salt , less or more depending on if the chickpeas are already salted
- Chopped tomato, chopped onion
- cilantro mint chutney
- greens or lettuce , optional
- 4 large wraps
Samosa Mixture: Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add cumin and coriander seeds and cook until they change to a deeper color. Add the Serrano pepper and cook for a minute.
Add all the spices and mix in. Add the mashed potatoes, salt and mix in. Break any larger pieces. Cover and cook for 2 mins.
Add peas, ginger, chutney and mix in. Add chaat masala or amchur(mango powder) or both and mix in. Add more lemon juice if omitting these spices. Taste and adjust salt and flavor. Cover and cook for 2 mins, then let sit for another 2 mins for the flavors to develop.
Chickpeas: Heat oil in a skillet. Add the chickpeas and spices and salt and mix well. Cover and cook for 2 mins. Add a good splash of water and mix, cover and cook for another 2-3 mins. Taste and adjust salt and flavor.
Wraps: Layer any greens if using. Add the potato mixture. Then some chickpeas, chopped tomato, onion and a drizzle of chutney, Wrap it all up by folding in the left and right sides. Then folding he edge closest to you over the filling. Tuck in and tighten, then continue to roll and tuck. Optionally grill the wrap to seal, serve or store. Serve with tamarind chutney, mint cilantro or mango chutney.
Use these gluten-free wraps or store bought wraps to make these gluten-free
Make the potatoes and chickpeas ahead for quick wraps.
Nutrition is for 1 wrap, including a regular wheat tortilla