Cardamom Maple Pecan Granola Recipe with Pumpkin Seeds. Use other spices of choice in this delicious granola with pumpkin or sunflower seeds. It makes a great gift. No Refined Sugar or oil. Vegan Gluten-free Recipe. Jump to Recipe
Snacking can sometimes be the harder to figure out, compared to meals. Its the in between meal time when you dont want something heavy but still satisfying enough. Granola and granola bars made from scratch work out really well for those times. Homemade granola has sugar you can control and oil you can omit.
Granola over vegan yogurt, porridge, chia pudding or as is from the jar, is amazing to have around. Whether you like a sweet Date Caramel Granola , or a granola bar (Sunbutter Granola Bars), or want spicy savory snack with this Sriracha Orange Quinoa Peanut Granola or get adventurous with this Lentil cranberry Granola! There are plenty of options and variations!
This easy granola has oats, pumpkin or sunflower seeds and pecans. The maple and pecans add a buttery caramel like flavor, the pecans get candied when covered with maple and cardamom complements the flavor profile amazingly. Change it up with seeds or nuts of choice. Lets make some granola.
Ingredients for Crispy Maple Pecan Granola
- Oats, pumpkin or sunflower seeds, pecans and coconut make up the dry volume. Add other nuts of choice and a combination for seeds for variation.
- Flax seed egg and maple syrup are the wet binders
- cardamom, pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon add a wonderful flavor. Use other spices of choice.
- Other additions like dried cranberries, apricots or other dried fruit can be added for more sweet and texture.
Step Pictures for the Maple Pecan Granola
Mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Mix the flax seed meal with water and let sit for 2 mins.
Add flax seed egg and half the maple syrup and mix in really well. Press and mix. Add more maple a tbsp at a time to mix in. Add in more if needed for clumpier granola.
Spread evenly in a parchment lined baking dish and bake until golden and crisp! Cool and store in a glass jar in your snack area.
More Granola from the blog
- Date Caramel Granola – no Oil- no refined sugar
- Sunbutter Granola Bars
- Lentil cranberry Granola
- Sour Cream and Onion Granola
- Sriracha Orange Quinoa Peanut Granola
- Quinoa Chivda – Indian Trail mix
Gifts for Holidays
- Mac and Cheese Mix in a Jar.
- Cowboy Cookies in a Jar.
- Kitchari Mix in a Jar – Put in instant pot or saucepan and done.
- Chocolate Pumpkin /Sweet Potato Cake mix in a jar.
- Gingerbread Cake in a Jar for 1.
- Mexican Hot chocolate Mix in a Jar. GF
- Brownie Mix in a Jar for 1 or for 8.
- Brownie Mix , gluten-free.
Cardamom Maple Pecan Granola Recipe with Pumpkin Seeds
- 1.5 cups (121.5 g) old-fashioned oats , certified gluten-free if necessary
- 1/2 cup (32 g) sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds or a combination
- 3/4 cup (74.25 g) pecans
- 1/4 cup (20 g) coconut shreds (small flakes)
- 1.5 flax egg (1.5 tbsp flax seed meal + 3.5 tbsp water)
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice or gingerbread spice blend or cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- optional add in: 1/2 cup dried cranberries or currants or chopped dates or apricots
- Preheat the oven to 300 deg F ( 150 C). Line a baking dish with parchment. Mix the flax seed meal in water and set aside for 2 mins.
- Add all the dry ingredients to a bowl and mix well. ** Add the flax seed mixture and 2 tbsp maple syrup. Mix well.
- Add more maple syrup 1 tbsp at a time and mix in. Add enough to clump to preference. Spread the mixture evenly in the baking dish, close enough to clump but not too thick). Bake for 20 minutes. Mix around and reduce the temperature to 275 deg F (135 C). and continue to bake until golden (20 to 30 mins). Fold in the dried fruit if using once out of the oven.
- Cool completely and store in a glass jar for upto a month. Serve over breakfast bowls, chia pudding, yogurt, smoothie bowls , overnight oats or as is.